Friday, February 19, 2010

February 19, 2010






Thank you again for all your comments. It sure is great to see people interested in what's going on in my life! It was a wonderful day today. Took some much needed "down time." I've been go go going a lot and just thought today I should take the time and do some relaxing before my time here was done!

Today was my opportunity to see the Olympic event of curling. It was the one ticket I had and it was really cool! I had great seats for every other round. I was at the end of the odd rounds, closest to the Canadian rink. Some of the other rinks looked liked they had more excitement each round, but the Canada game resulted in a tie. The extra end resulted in a victory for Canada! The crowds were a sea of red! What patriotism was shown. In fact all over the city Canada is showing we indeed are a very proud country. It is fantastic to see! Everyone is dressed in some kind of "canadian wear". has flags flying on their cars or painted faces. It's hilarious to see the get up some people have chosen.

Wilma de Vries is stationed at the Curling rink. She told me there were 100 volunters. Well I must have seen 99 of them, because try as I might I never did see her! She was hoping they would not ask her to sell 50/50 tickets, and although I saw some of that, none was her. As I was talking to some people about her I thought I spotted her and went to talk to her. Thank goodness I noticed in the knick of time that it wasn't her. That could have been quite embarassing!



Tomorrow begins my last run of shifts. It is time. I have enjoyed myself extremely, but I am anxious to return home. There are a lot of things going on that I feel I should be helping out with, yet others have been pulling together to make sure all is well. I am really missing those sweet little darlings that call me manna and will some day call me gramma. It's funny how they come up with their own way of saying things. Maya asks if I'm still at the lympics. She's so sweet. I have been able to talk with her a few times on the computer. That was so adorable.

4 comments:

  1. we sure miss you 'round here! cant wait for you to come home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you enjoyed Curling today! What fun to be at an olympic event even if it is kinda boring ;) I'm sure the crowd made it awesome! Now totally off topic of that, I like your Canada shirt! I hope that you enjoy your last days in Vancouver, I look forward to hearing all your stories in person in March!
    Love you!
    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trix and Leroy:

    Lena and I say Hi and Lena would like to say she is very proud of you for doing such a wonderful job (so do I by the way). Her computer is in Florida at the moment...this is why I'm relaying the message. Have fun the two of you and we'll wave at you when they show Robson's Square okay.

    Love, Lena and Marg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you are now 'TSN' famous, that Germany-Belarus game had you and Nick front and centre, the coach blocked the view of you a few times but you were right there, cool, double cool

    ReplyDelete