Monday, February 22, 2010

February 21, 2010

I could have my dates wrong, the dates all just seem to fly by but.............Leroy came yesterday. I met him at the airport and he walked with me to the hotel. He then wandered the streets for quite a few hour to wait for me. He was sitting in the White Spot watching the Canada/US hockey team. I had a big surprise and asked him What would it take to tear you away from this game? Well....I again was in the right place and the right time and got tickets to the celebration ceremony where TROOPER AND LOVERBOY WERE PLAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those of you young bucks, you're probably asking yourself Who??? but those our age will understand...............LOVERBOY AND TROOPER!!!!!!!! IN THE SAME NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was in complete awe! They were so amazing!!! In the end Leroy only missed the third period, and we hear it was a painful result anyway for the Canadian Hockey team. Better next time!

I sure am proud to be a Canadian. Regardless of how our hockey team is doing, what a show of patriotism all Canadians are showing!!! I was again proud of my of my heritage! Holland won ANOTHER gold medal in speed skating. All I could remember was 'de koningen van Spainje heeft ik ook lang ge eerd!' The rest I hummed along with. Those dutch fans are hilarious!!!! They are always dressed up all the time! The get-up of some of them is unreal!!!! So between the dutch and the canadian, I think it's a great mix!!!

Tonight is the big night at the Heineken House. Because I rode in the inaugural bike ride, I got a letter which entitles us to go through the "short line" for the dutch citizens! What perfect timing is that!!!

To get anywhere here takes such a long time. Two hours is nothing, yet from home in two hours, we could just about be in Terrace! So it's off for a very short shift, and then some more fun. It's funny how this volunteering is such a small part of all the fun I'm having! Nice to have someone to hang around with again!

I have double triple and quadruple made sure that this time the camera is going to work. The rest of the pictures will be forthcoming so please don't give up on me! I have yet to make the same mistake twice, but it is amazing how many DIFFERENT mistakes I can find to make!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wat een geluk dat je er weer bij was en dat Leroy ook even in Vancouver was. Mocht je de volgende keer niet willen neuriën, maar meezingen, dan volgt hier de tekst:
    Wilhelmus van Nassouwe ben ik van Duitsen bloed, den vaderland getrouwe blijf ik tot in den dood. Een prinse van Oranje ben ik, vrij onverveerd, den Koning van Hispanje heb ik altijd geëerd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a great time mom!! glad you enjoyed yourself last night! I have been printing your blog posts out for Opa to read, he is enjoying following too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trix

    Just wondering when your "tour" of duty finishes? I have had fun reading your blogs, it's like i'm right there. Talked to Lee last night and he said it was just over whelming the crowds that were at Robsons square. Hopefully you can both enjoy some more Olympics together.
    Talk to you soon.
    Marg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey mom!
    Glad to hear you are having such a wonderful time! AAAANNNNDDD glad to hear that Dad made it alright and is enjoying his time there too! I knew exactly who you meant when you said Loverboy (everybody's working for the weekend!) becuase Mark and I went to a Loverboy concert too! It was one of the craziest shows I've ever been to with women throwing thier bras and flashing the stage! Hope you keep on having fun!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete