Wednesday, February 24, 2010

february 23, 2010

Last and final day of the Olympic Dream, but what a finale it was! Once again, I was asked if I wanted tickets to the hockey game! Leroy and I got to see Slovakia and Norway. It was unreal! For the last week, I recieved two hockey game tickets and one Celebration Ceremony. I would have never dreamed of that happening! It was so fun. The only downfall was the transportation. Once again we were herded onto the sky train like cattle. So so full! You could not only barely move you could barely breathe! So so many people crammed in such a small space! I read in the paper that the Canada Line was moving 950,000 people per day! There were other really neat facts too. One was that they had sold 3,000,000 pairs of the red mittens. They sell for $10.00. Last night at the entrance to the hockey game someone was trying to sell a pair for $35.00! I don't know what they were thinking! She did seem to be selling some though! The scalpers were selling the tickets for next to nothing minutes before the game. It sure was fun.

We left Ladner this morning to head for Warfield to visit Keri. The passes we went through were amazing. What a feat to build them! It has been so much fun and what an experience! As I think of more, I'll try to write them down. As for now, we're headed out for dinner and spend some time with Keri.

2 comments:

  1. glad you made it safely! we sure miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope the mitten sales and canadaline tickets help pay for a bit of the olympics, glad you had such a enjoyable time, take care, see you when you get back

    ReplyDelete